LD SALES PHILOSOPHY
Buying a horse is a complex matter that deserves time and patience.
You buy what you see and like, but you also buy a whole psychological conformation and history that is not so visible, but which will determine your long term relationship.
As a vertically integrated breeding and training facility we had the opportunity to refine our natural rearing approach and our zero-trauma policy along all stages of the process. Horses, like humans are highly individual personalities. When it comes to establish the human-horse working relationship where mutual trust, confidence and relaxedness are the main objectives, patience, and patience again is the essential ingredient.
We do not break horses – we start horses.
And what may take weeks in one case, may take months in another – what counts is the final outcome.
Knowing what we put into our Lusitanos over the years it is also of great importance to us where they will continue their life once they leave the farm.
If you are interested in taking ownership of a La Donaira Lusitano we invite you to go through the following steps with us:
Contact Sheed: Interested client formulates his horse profile through our online form (click here)
Based on this filter we develop a proposal list for the client and start a pre-selection process (format tbd) , pics, videos, comments.
- Clients interested to consider a purchase are encouraged to come on site for the final step in the selection process:
- Freedom and ridden demos of all horses of interest.
- Client join up with the horse(s) still considered, assisted by Seamus / who also gives a chemistry assessment based on the round-pen session
- riding on square free, dressage class if desired / with all finalists
- Hacking out with preferred horse(s)
- Final selection and agreement on price / sales contract